|Published:||Dec 14, 2012 6:01 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 14, 2012 6:01 PM EST|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - State and national flags on public grounds throughout Florida will be flown at half-staff to honor the victims of a massacre at a Connecticut elementary school.
President Barack Obama has ordered for U.S. flags to be flown at half-staff through Tuesday. Gov. Rick Scott also ordered Friday for all Florida state flags to be lowered immediately to half-staff at all local, state and federal buildings.
Scott says his thoughts and prayers are with the families and victims of Friday's shooting in Newtown, Conn. Authorities say more than two dozen people, including 20 children, were killed after a gunman opened fire inside the school where his mother was a teacher.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law
- Winter weather delays flights in and out of RSW
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman