|Published:||Dec 14, 2012 6:01 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 14, 2012 6:01 PM EST|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - State and national flags on public grounds throughout Florida will be flown at half-staff to honor the victims of a massacre at a Connecticut elementary school.
President Barack Obama has ordered for U.S. flags to be flown at half-staff through Tuesday. Gov. Rick Scott also ordered Friday for all Florida state flags to be lowered immediately to half-staff at all local, state and federal buildings.
Scott says his thoughts and prayers are with the families and victims of Friday's shooting in Newtown, Conn. Authorities say more than two dozen people, including 20 children, were killed after a gunman opened fire inside the school where his mother was a teacher.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- FHP releases final report on deadly Alligator Alley Accident
- Lee school board narrows down superintendent search
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- Vandals cause damage at St. Leo's Catholic church
- Fort Myers Florist launches DIY wedding flower sessions
- Florida emergency officials ready to assist OK victims
- Englewood man arrested on child pornography charges