|Published:||Dec 13, 2012 11:21 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 13, 2012 11:21 PM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.-A plan to create a new interchange on Interstate 75 is now on hold.
Collier County commissioners agreed to delay the Everglades Parkway proposal for about ten years. Commissioners say there is not an immediate need and they don't have the money to fund it right now.
Homeowners in that part of the county argue that interchange would give them a quicker way to evacuate during a hurricane.
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- Cincy firefighters are heating things up on FMB
- Thieves steal handicapped man's motobility chair
- Deadly accident in Fort Myers
- Taxpayers footing the bill for Damas hearings, treatment
- Immokalee firefighters donate new bikes after damaging one
- Interactive play to teach dangers of drug use