COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.-A plan to create a new interchange on Interstate 75 is now on hold.
Collier County commissioners agreed to delay the Everglades Parkway proposal for about ten years. Commissioners say there is not an immediate need and they don't have the money to fund it right now.
Homeowners in that part of the county argue that interchange would give them a quicker way to evacuate during a hurricane.
- Suspects on the loose after allegedly robbing Iberia Bank
- How life has changed for Fort Myers 2007 lotto winner
- Local bar named Best beach bar in America
- FMPD forced to pay back overtime
- Record tourist season adds 1,700 hospitality jobs in Collier
- Naples tops 'Healthy Living' poll
- Fl construction adds jobs