|Published:||Dec 13, 2012 10:45 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 13, 2012 10:45 AM EST|
REDDICK, Fla. (AP) - Sheriff's detectives have a real whodunit on their hands after a north Florida woman came home and found her driveway missing.
According to deputies, the woman felt a "bump" when she drove onto her driveway Tuesday night. She got out of her vehicle and discovered about 300-square-feet of brick pavers were missing.
The Ocala Star-Banner (http://bit.ly/TQqZZu ) reports she told deputies the pavers were in place when she left home about 7:30 that morning.
A witness told deputies about seeing two men digging up the pavers. But the activity didn't seem suspicious because construction workers were building a barn on the property. The witness told investigators the men were driving an older model black pickup with a flat-bed utility trailer.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 352-368-7867.
Information from: Ocala (Fla.) Star-Banner, http://www.starbanner.com/
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- FMPD searches for suspect in fatal shooting on Dunbar St.
- Teen bound up as crooks raid home
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Four kids hospitalized after two separate near drownings
- Dr. Joseph Burke's Last Day as Superintendent
- Sen. Rubio getting poor marks
- School board approves new superintendent's contract