|Published:||Dec 13, 2012 10:45 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 13, 2012 10:45 AM EST|
REDDICK, Fla. (AP) - Sheriff's detectives have a real whodunit on their hands after a north Florida woman came home and found her driveway missing.
According to deputies, the woman felt a "bump" when she drove onto her driveway Tuesday night. She got out of her vehicle and discovered about 300-square-feet of brick pavers were missing.
The Ocala Star-Banner (http://bit.ly/TQqZZu ) reports she told deputies the pavers were in place when she left home about 7:30 that morning.
A witness told deputies about seeing two men digging up the pavers. But the activity didn't seem suspicious because construction workers were building a barn on the property. The witness told investigators the men were driving an older model black pickup with a flat-bed utility trailer.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 352-368-7867.
Information from: Ocala (Fla.) Star-Banner, http://www.starbanner.com/
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Residents are still homeless after a devastating Sept. fire
- Nate Lee continues to fight for 911 call system improvements
- Healthpark Medical Center adding 9 extra beds for season
- Fla. Gov. wants to cut auto registration fees