|Published:||Dec 13, 2012 10:35 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 13, 2012 11:37 PM EST|
ESTERO, Fla. - You've heard of "Toys for Tots." But a tattoo studio in Estero had its own take on it this year. Fallen Angel Tattoo Studio is doing the "Tats for Tots" fundraiser. Anyone who donated $50 or more got to reserve a free one-hour session. All of the toys and donations go to the Marines motorcycle club called the "Leathernecks" which has a longstanding relationship with "Toys for Tots." Thursday, people got inked for their good deeds.
"Sometimes the tattoo industry gets a bum rap, but to tell you the truth, most of us have a really good heart and we just want to help out," tattoo artist Jeron Kenens said. "The thought of any kids not having a good Christmas just kills me."
They are still collecting donations. You can drop them off at the Fallen Angel Tattoo Studio at the corner of U.S. 41 and Estero Parkway.
- A&E's 'Beyond Scared Straight' films in Charlotte County
- Employees owed money after comedy club closes down
- Suspect gets life in prison for 2011 deadly shooting
- Rollover on SB I-75 at Bonita Beach Rd. slows traffic
- Orange River Elementary principal Holly Bell retires
- Coyote sightings on the rise in Sanibel
- FMPD arrests teen on stolen gun charge
- Lee Tran routes on proposed budget chopping block
- Lee struggles with budget and SRO issues
- Last person arrested in Lee Co. School District check scam