|Published:||Dec 12, 2012 12:27 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 12, 2012 12:27 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla. – Lee County Utilities reports a water outage due to a 12” water main break at 19001 N Tamiami Trail. Crews are on site and repairs should be completed by 1:00 pm this afternoon.
Once the repairs have been completed and water service is restored, the following area will be under a precautionary boil water notice:
Both sides of N Tamiami Trail from Lake Fairways Country Club to Del Tura Country Club. Avenida Del Tura from Las Palmas to N Tamiami Trail. This will also include the following subdivisions Tara Woods, Del Tura Plaza and Trail Dairy Cir.
Approximately 500 residential customers are affected.
As a precaution, all water used for drinking, cooking, making ice, brushing teeth, or washing dishes should be boiled at a rolling boil for one minute, or as an alternative, bottled water may be used. This precautionary boil water notice will remain in effect until bacteriological test shows that the water is safe to drink. Test results will take approximately 48-72 hours.
Please call 533-8575 after 4:30 p.m. on December 15, and each day thereafter as needed to get the current status of the boil water notice.
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent
- Cape Coral firefighters investigating trash compactor fire
- Gay-straight club lawsuit to be move forward
- Obama to promote education agenda at Miami school
- Judge: tainted evidence not enough to free inmate