|Published:||Dec 12, 2012 12:27 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 12, 2012 12:27 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla. – Lee County Utilities reports a water outage due to a 12” water main break at 19001 N Tamiami Trail. Crews are on site and repairs should be completed by 1:00 pm this afternoon.
Once the repairs have been completed and water service is restored, the following area will be under a precautionary boil water notice:
Both sides of N Tamiami Trail from Lake Fairways Country Club to Del Tura Country Club. Avenida Del Tura from Las Palmas to N Tamiami Trail. This will also include the following subdivisions Tara Woods, Del Tura Plaza and Trail Dairy Cir.
Approximately 500 residential customers are affected.
As a precaution, all water used for drinking, cooking, making ice, brushing teeth, or washing dishes should be boiled at a rolling boil for one minute, or as an alternative, bottled water may be used. This precautionary boil water notice will remain in effect until bacteriological test shows that the water is safe to drink. Test results will take approximately 48-72 hours.
Please call 533-8575 after 4:30 p.m. on December 15, and each day thereafter as needed to get the current status of the boil water notice.
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Dog tests positive for rabies in Charlotte County
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- U.S. Rep Connie Mack announces divorce
- Burglary suspect casually takes items from unlocked vehicle
- Naples Town Hall Speakers Series suspends 2014 season
- Naples non-profit uses water therapy to help Veterans cope
- FDA warns of infections tied to Tennessee pharmacy
- Gov. warns schools he will fight tuition hikes