|Published:||Dec 12, 2012 12:27 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 12, 2012 12:27 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla. – Lee County Utilities reports a water outage due to a 12” water main break at 19001 N Tamiami Trail. Crews are on site and repairs should be completed by 1:00 pm this afternoon.
Once the repairs have been completed and water service is restored, the following area will be under a precautionary boil water notice:
Both sides of N Tamiami Trail from Lake Fairways Country Club to Del Tura Country Club. Avenida Del Tura from Las Palmas to N Tamiami Trail. This will also include the following subdivisions Tara Woods, Del Tura Plaza and Trail Dairy Cir.
Approximately 500 residential customers are affected.
As a precaution, all water used for drinking, cooking, making ice, brushing teeth, or washing dishes should be boiled at a rolling boil for one minute, or as an alternative, bottled water may be used. This precautionary boil water notice will remain in effect until bacteriological test shows that the water is safe to drink. Test results will take approximately 48-72 hours.
Please call 533-8575 after 4:30 p.m. on December 15, and each day thereafter as needed to get the current status of the boil water notice.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- Radel makes Forbes' list of 'biggest career crashes of 2013'