|Published:||Dec 12, 2012 11:25 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 12, 2012 4:43 PM EST|
NAPLES, Fla.- Investigators have made an arrest in yesterday's fire at the Coral Palms Apartments. Francis Murphy, 37, was arrested on arson charges.
A witness accused him of setting the fire. Later, investigators found a lighter and cigarettes on him, according to the arrest report. That lighter was placed into evidence.
The property is owned by Homestead Management.
Murphy refused to appear at his intial hearing. His bond was set at $100,000 and for the time being, he is not allowed to be at the Coral Palms Apartments.
The total damage is estimated to be $100,000.
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- Edcational app making the grade in Lee County Schools
- Garrod Drywall burglary suspect blacks out cameras
- Couple killed while crossing US 1 in central Fla.
- Naples beach renourishment project set to wrap up next week