|Published:||Dec 12, 2012 11:25 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 12, 2012 4:43 PM EST|
NAPLES, Fla.- Investigators have made an arrest in yesterday's fire at the Coral Palms Apartments. Francis Murphy, 37, was arrested on arson charges.
A witness accused him of setting the fire. Later, investigators found a lighter and cigarettes on him, according to the arrest report. That lighter was placed into evidence.
The property is owned by Homestead Management.
Murphy refused to appear at his intial hearing. His bond was set at $100,000 and for the time being, he is not allowed to be at the Coral Palms Apartments.
The total damage is estimated to be $100,000.
- Barricaded man didn't survive in house fire
- Gateway street still blocked after fire, SWAT situation
- Retired Corrections officer arrested after accident
- Body identified in Fort Myers death investigation
- Neighbors fighting for fire station on Livingston Road
- Comedy show to benefit unpaid employees of Wise Guys
- Tiger has 4 pound hairball removed
- Stranger Danger in Naples
- Homes near sinkhole condemned
- Protecting children on the roads