|Published:||Dec 12, 2012 10:14 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 12, 2012 10:14 AM EST|
DADE CITY, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a 25-year-old health care worker was chased down a street and fatally stabbed by one of her clients.
The Ledger of Lakeland (http://bit.ly/Xbh0Px ) reports Steffanie Ross was stabbed multiple times with a butcher knife as witness watched on Monday. On Wednesday, 53-year-old Lucious Smith remained in the Pasco County Jail on a first-degree murder charge.
The Ledger reports Smith has a history of violent and erratic behavior.
Ross had worked as a service coordinator for Maryland-based Integra Health Management since September. She went to Smith's home on Monday morning.
Police say something upset Smith and neighbors heard screams as he chased Ross from the apartment. They say he stabbed her as they ran into the street.
Officials say Ross was likely not aware of Smith's criminal history.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies