|Published:||Dec 12, 2012 10:14 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 12, 2012 10:14 AM EST|
DADE CITY, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a 25-year-old health care worker was chased down a street and fatally stabbed by one of her clients.
The Ledger of Lakeland (http://bit.ly/Xbh0Px ) reports Steffanie Ross was stabbed multiple times with a butcher knife as witness watched on Monday. On Wednesday, 53-year-old Lucious Smith remained in the Pasco County Jail on a first-degree murder charge.
The Ledger reports Smith has a history of violent and erratic behavior.
Ross had worked as a service coordinator for Maryland-based Integra Health Management since September. She went to Smith's home on Monday morning.
Police say something upset Smith and neighbors heard screams as he chased Ross from the apartment. They say he stabbed her as they ran into the street.
Officials say Ross was likely not aware of Smith's criminal history.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- U.S. Rep Connie Mack announces divorce
- Naples non-profit uses water therapy to help Veterans cope
- FDA warns of infections tied to Tennessee pharmacy
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- Gov. warns schools he will fight tuition hikes
- New video shows Hohensee's anger
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel