|Published:||Dec 10, 2012 2:52 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 10, 2012 6:19 PM EST|
NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. (AP) - The medical examiner's office will determine an exact cause of death after a woman's body was found floating in a New Port Richey canal.
A Pasco County Sheriff's Office statement identifies the woman as 76-year-old Vickie Petrakis. Her husband found her body Monday morning. Authorities say there were no signs of foul play.
A preliminary investigation shows a friend called the husband, telling him their car was parked in the area. Authorities say that when the husband arrived, he searched the area and found his wife floating in the canal.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- Radel makes Forbes' list of 'biggest career crashes of 2013'
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Desoto County deputy admits to lying about beating