|Published:||Dec 10, 2012 2:52 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 10, 2012 6:19 PM EST|
NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. (AP) - The medical examiner's office will determine an exact cause of death after a woman's body was found floating in a New Port Richey canal.
A Pasco County Sheriff's Office statement identifies the woman as 76-year-old Vickie Petrakis. Her husband found her body Monday morning. Authorities say there were no signs of foul play.
A preliminary investigation shows a friend called the husband, telling him their car was parked in the area. Authorities say that when the husband arrived, he searched the area and found his wife floating in the canal.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- FMPD arrests women caught on camera stealing lotto tickets
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- Woman faces DUI charges after crash involving 6 children
- Witnesses says Naples man killed ducklings with a broom
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- Twins minor league team involved in Fla. crash
- 911 call: Judge in Zimmerman trial hears dispute
- Fla. Gov. Scott's job approval up to 43%