|Published:||Dec 10, 2012 6:15 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 10, 2012 6:15 PM EST|
BOYTON BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Boynton Beach Police have arrested a movie theater employee in a bomb hoax.
Police charged a 17-year-old girl on Monday with threatening to discharge a destructive device. The girl is not being identified by The Associated Press because of her age.
Police were called to the theater Sunday after someone found a note on the back of a receipt saying there was a bomb inside. The note also said the person had five guns and intended to kill everyone in the theater.
The theater was evacuated for several hours, but nothing suspicious was found.
Police say the girl admitted to writing the note herself.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids