|Published:||Dec 10, 2012 2:54 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 10, 2012 2:54 PM EST|
LAKE WORTH, Fla. (AP) - Palm Beach County authorities have identified the pilot killed in a small plane crash in Lake Worth.
A sheriff's office statement released Monday says 33-year-old Timothy Johnson, Jr. of Miami was pronounced dead on scene. National aviation officials are investigating.
The plane crashed Saturday afternoon inside John Prince Park. Authorities say Johnson took off from Lantana Airport to fly to Tamiami Airport in Miami. The plane was seen at an awkward angle after takeoff, banked, then nosedived into a stand of palm trees and burst into flames.
No one on the ground was injured.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Indictment accuses SWFL residents of human smuggling