|Published:||Dec 10, 2012 10:21 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 10, 2012 10:21 AM EST|
SUNRISE, Fla. (AP) - Police say a man shot a woman outside a church in South Florida before fatally shooting himself.
The South Florida SunSentinel (http://sunsent.nl/Vylj6d ) reports the woman was leaving a service at Faith Center Ministries in Sunrise Sunday afternoon when the man shot her. Authorities suspect he was her ex-boyfriend.
Police say the woman was heading to her car with her 12-year-old daughter when the shooting occurred. The child was not hurt. The woman, whose name was not released, was taken to a Fort Lauderdale hospital. Her condition was not available.
The man was also taken to a hospital, where he later died. Police have not released his identity.
No further details were immediately available.
Information from: South Florida Sun Sentinel (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.), http://www.sun sentinel.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- 3 people killed in Florida Panhandle boat crash
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday