|Published:||Dec 10, 2012 10:23 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 10, 2012 10:23 AM EST|
SPRING HILL, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a 17-year-old boy fatally stabbed his mother's live-in boyfriend.
The stabbing took place during an argument at their home in Spring Hill on Sunday afternoon. Hernando County Sheriff's officials say the teen left the house after arguing with 39-year-old David Floyd. He then returned home and grabbed a kitchen knife and stabbed Floyd in the chest.
Deputies say Floyd died at a hospital Sunday evening.
The teen's name has not been released. He faces a first-degree murder charge.
No further details were immediately available.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP investigating accident Lehigh Acres
- State Board of Education to get legislative update
- Spada to host salon & spa event for at-risk girls
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Lee school board narrows down supt. search
- Vandals cause damage at St. Leo's Catholic church
- Florida emergency officials ready to assist OK victims
- McGregor Baptist offers way to Help Tornado Victims
- Cape councilman McClain stays