|Published:||Dec 10, 2012 10:23 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 10, 2012 10:23 AM EST|
SPRING HILL, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a 17-year-old boy fatally stabbed his mother's live-in boyfriend.
The stabbing took place during an argument at their home in Spring Hill on Sunday afternoon. Hernando County Sheriff's officials say the teen left the house after arguing with 39-year-old David Floyd. He then returned home and grabbed a kitchen knife and stabbed Floyd in the chest.
Deputies say Floyd died at a hospital Sunday evening.
The teen's name has not been released. He faces a first-degree murder charge.
No further details were immediately available.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- North Fort Myers mobile home fire displaces family
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Legal fate of FSU quarterback to be answered
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve
- Officials: Up to 20 whales moved to deeper water
- New bridge has glitch that keeps a section up for 30 minutes