|Published:||Dec 10, 2012 9:41 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 10, 2012 11:01 AM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- Jim and Lori Falk discovered a lifeless bald eagle on the ground by Route 31 just north of Fort Myers on Saturday and called 911.
Jim, a former Navy Veteran, helped FWC rescue the eagle. They brought it to the Peace River Wildlife Center in Punta Gorda. The Doctor gave the eagle fluids and anti-inflammatory medicine.
On Sunday, the bald eagle was in good condition. He will be released back into the wild Monday afternoon.
- Pilot whales stranded in Everglades National Park
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Cops: Man shoots friend while watching football
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- 2 Keys men get prison for wildlife trafficking
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Accused robber shoots self before arrest
- Former Cape mayoral candidate faces fraud charge
- Grinch steals Christmas trees from Lemon Bay students