|Published:||Dec 09, 2012 4:05 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 10, 2012 2:40 PM EST|
SARSOTA COUNTY, Fla.- A small 2010 Air-Cam twin engine "Ultra-light" kit airplane, piloted by 69-year-old Henry Hinman, was forced to make an emergency landing at the above location for an undetermined issue.
There were no injuries from the event, but during the landing the plane did knock down some power lines. A very limited outage was reported in the surrounding area. The damage was estimated at $1500. An FPL response team removed the wires and restored the outage.
There was minor damage to the plane.
The Federal Aviation Administration was notified and will investigate further. Anyone with information about this incident can contact the FAA at 1-(407) 812-7700.
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull
- FWC releases rehabilitated panther in Hendry County
- Lehigh Middle student allegedly brings knife to school
- Cincy firefighters are heating things up on FMB