|Published:||Dec 09, 2012 4:05 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 10, 2012 2:40 PM EST|
SARSOTA COUNTY, Fla.- A small 2010 Air-Cam twin engine "Ultra-light" kit airplane, piloted by 69-year-old Henry Hinman, was forced to make an emergency landing at the above location for an undetermined issue.
There were no injuries from the event, but during the landing the plane did knock down some power lines. A very limited outage was reported in the surrounding area. The damage was estimated at $1500. An FPL response team removed the wires and restored the outage.
There was minor damage to the plane.
The Federal Aviation Administration was notified and will investigate further. Anyone with information about this incident can contact the FAA at 1-(407) 812-7700.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school
- Fla. school tells students to drop online classes
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- Judge sends N. Fla. man to prison for life
- School board approves new superintendent's contract
- Poll: Rubio gets negative marks on immigration
- Dr. Joseph Burke's Last Day as Superintendent
- Judge reads charge against Zimmerman to jurors