|Published:||Dec 09, 2012 4:05 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 10, 2012 2:40 PM EST|
SARSOTA COUNTY, Fla.- A small 2010 Air-Cam twin engine "Ultra-light" kit airplane, piloted by 69-year-old Henry Hinman, was forced to make an emergency landing at the above location for an undetermined issue.
There were no injuries from the event, but during the landing the plane did knock down some power lines. A very limited outage was reported in the surrounding area. The damage was estimated at $1500. An FPL response team removed the wires and restored the outage.
There was minor damage to the plane.
The Federal Aviation Administration was notified and will investigate further. Anyone with information about this incident can contact the FAA at 1-(407) 812-7700.
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday
- Redmond HIV case could be thrown out under Fla. law
- SAO drops grand theft charge against fmr. commissioner
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Red Sox' 2014 Spring Training ticket sales set record
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law