|Published:||Dec 09, 2012 11:31 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 09, 2012 11:31 AM EST|
"Everyone Rides" has been supporting the children of the Boys and Girls Club for nine years.
Cyclist, runners, and walkers took to the pavement outside of Jet Blue Park at Fenway South to raise money for the club.
This event started off as a way to raise money to give "at risk" kids a brand new bike, but the event continues to grow, allowing the money raised to pay for different programs at the club.
Cyclist could ride 15, 30, 62 or 100 miles. Runners could choose to run in the half marathon or the 5k.
And for those who did not want to take part in the early morning workout, the "Everyone Relax" is fun for the entire family. This part of the event is going on from 10-2 p.m.
The goal is to raise $100,000.
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Dog tests positive for rabies in Charlotte County
- Burglary suspect casually takes items from unlocked vehicle