|Published:||Dec 08, 2012 11:39 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 08, 2012 11:39 PM EST|
LAKE WORTH, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a small plane has crashed into a South Florida park, killing the pilot but injuring no one on the ground.
Maria Rocha of Greenacres tells The Palm Beach Post that she was in John Prince Park in Lake Worth when she saw the plane wobbling as it flew along the lakeshore Saturday afternoon. She says it abruptly nosedived into a stand of palm trees and burst into flames.
Palm Beach County authorities tell the newspaper that the plane took off from a nearby airport in Lantana. The pilot's name was not released.
The Federal Aviation Administration says the Cessna 421 was destroyed by the fire. The National Transportation Safety Board will investigate.
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean
- FMB holds election for Town Council members
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community