|Published:||Dec 08, 2012 9:04 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 08, 2012 9:04 AM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- More than 5,000 people headed to downtown Fort Myers to take part in the annual Lee County Heart Walk.
The walk at Centennial Park raises money and awareness to fight heart disease and stroke, the number one and number four killers in America.
WINK News is a proud sponsor of the event.
The goal is to raise $450,000 for the American Heart Association and cardiovascular disease awareness.
Registration for the non-competitive 5K was free, but donations are accepted.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP investigating accident Lehigh Acres
- State Board of Education to get legislative update
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Spada to host salon & spa event for at-risk girls
- Lee school board narrows down supt. search
- Vandals cause damage at St. Leo's Catholic church
- Florida emergency officials ready to assist OK victims
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Fort Myers Florist launches DIY wedding flower sessions