|Published:||Dec 08, 2012 9:04 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 08, 2012 9:04 AM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- More than 5,000 people headed to downtown Fort Myers to take part in the annual Lee County Heart Walk.
The walk at Centennial Park raises money and awareness to fight heart disease and stroke, the number one and number four killers in America.
WINK News is a proud sponsor of the event.
The goal is to raise $450,000 for the American Heart Association and cardiovascular disease awareness.
Registration for the non-competitive 5K was free, but donations are accepted.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Grinch steals Christmas trees from Lemon Bay students
- Alamo gun range set to open in February in Naples