|Published:||Dec 07, 2012 10:47 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 07, 2012 10:47 PM EST|
Tallahasse, Fla.-- A plan to modernize license plates in Florida is now on hold.
The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles says it withdrew the bid to create new plates.
Five groups protested the plan after state officials were going to out-source the plate distribution to a private company.
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- Naples non-profit uses water therapy to help Veterans cope
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- Gov. warns schools he will fight tuition hikes
- New video shows Hohensee's anger
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel
- Community comes together for Safety Fair & 5k
- Communications satellite launched into space