|Published:||Dec 07, 2012 10:47 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 07, 2012 10:47 PM EST|
Tallahasse, Fla.-- A plan to modernize license plates in Florida is now on hold.
The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles says it withdrew the bid to create new plates.
Five groups protested the plan after state officials were going to out-source the plate distribution to a private company.
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- Winter weather delays flights in and out of RSW
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman
- 3 arrested in stolen exam scheme at FIU
- UNF golfer killed in small plane crash
- Miami-Dade Police officer shot, hospitalized
- Beach renourishment winding down in Naples