|Published:||Dec 07, 2012 10:26 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 07, 2012 10:26 AM EST|
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - Police say a homeless man likely drowned after falling into Booker Creek in St. Petersburg.
Other homeless people in the area heard the man fall into the water about 7 p.m. Thursday. Police say some of them jumped in and pulled him out but the man was dead when rescue crews arrived.
The Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/SKOnKK ) reports the man's body was taken to the Pinellas-Pasco Medical Examiner's Office for an autopsy.
Police have not released the man's name. They say his death appears to be an accidental drowning.
Information from: Tampa Bay Times (St. Petersburg, Fla.), http://www.tampabay.com.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- LCSO finds, arrests North Fort Myers murder suspect
- Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Man pays down 76 layaway orders at Fla. store
- Attorney blasts investigation into FSU's Winston
- FMPD arrests 32 suspected drug dealers
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776
- USPS to deliver mail in SWFL on certain Sundays
- Naples based St. Matthew's House expanding to Labelle
- Corrections officer accused of stealing inmate IDs
- Sebelius visits Miami to talk about health care