|Published:||Dec 07, 2012 2:00 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 07, 2012 5:51 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- UPDATE: The deceased has been identified as 63-year-old Terry Conrad Dixon. The autopsy revealed that Dixon’s death was not the result of trauma. A final determination on Dixon’s cause of death is pending further testing by the Medical Examiner’s Office.
ORIGINAL REPORT: The Fort Myers Police Department is investigating a body found in the Caloosahatchee River at the downtown public boat ramp on Edwards Drive. The call came into dispatchers around 2:15 p.m.
A person walking in the area spotted the deceased about 15 feet from the shoreline.
Officers along with paramedics confirmed the information and pulled a white male from the water. There are no outward signs of trauma to the deceased. The cause of death has not yet been determined. An autopsy is scheduled for Friday.
Detectives located identification on the deceased, but are still working to confirm who he is through biometrics.
The investigation remains active at this time. Anyone with information is asked to call FMPD at 321-7700, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS or text message C-R-I-M-E-S (274637) Keyword FMPD. Tipsters can remain anonymous. No further information available. Updates will be issued via e-mail.
- Defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- A look at the dangers of riding a motorcycle
- Floridians pay the price for illegal Curbstoning
- Charlotte County does away with PE class
- 12 sentenced in South Florida grow house operation
- Three bears spotted in North Naples community
- Man answers the door & gets beat with a tire iron
- Friends remember Hohensee as kind and helpful, not violent
- Investigation in to the Hohensee marriage