|Published:||Dec 07, 2012 12:20 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 07, 2012 12:20 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Crime Stoppers is asking for the public’s help identifying a man who detectives believe is involved in two recent early morning burglaries, where several hundred dollars worth of cigarettes and lottery tickets were stolen.
The first incident occurred on November 25th at the Sunoco gas station, located at 5450 Palm Beach Boulevard. While a newspaper delivery person was on her daily route around 5:30 a.m., she discovered that the front window to the business had been broken out. She immediately contacted the Lee County Sheriff’s Office, and detectives quickly found that seven cartons of Marlboro cigarettes and 13 lottery tickets had been swiped from the business.
Then, earlier this week on Monday, another newspaper delivery person on the opposite end of town encountered a similar experience. While delivering papers shortly after 5:00 a.m., he spotted the window of the Hess gas station at 10860 Miromar Outlet Drive busted out, and two men, dressed in dark clothing, running away from the business. Upon their arrival at the gas station, deputies entered the burglarized business and found that an undisclosed amount of cigarettes and lottery tickets had been taken. In the first incident, a dark colored sedan driven by a white male was waiting for the suspect – and a similar car was caught on camera for the second incident, as well.
Surveillance cameras at both locations captured images of the suspect during both crimes. Detectives believe the same man is responsible for both crimes, and they’re looking for information on both his identity and whereabouts, as well as the co-conspirator driver from the Sunoco burglary.
Anyone with information on these crimes, and suspect(s) are asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS (8477). All callers will remain anonymous and will be eligible for a cash reward of up to $1,000. Tips may also be made online at www.swflcrimestoppers.org or by texting a tip to CRIMES (274637) Keyword: REWARD.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Indictment accuses SWFL residents of human smuggling
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp Festival returns