|Published:||Dec 06, 2012 6:30 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 06, 2012 6:30 PM EST|
PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. (AP) - Officials say a construction worker was shocked while digging near an electrical line in South Florida.
Palm Beach Gardens Fire Rescue reports that the 50-year-old man cut the line Thursday afternoon. He was taken to a West Palm Beach hospital in stable condition.
The Palm Beach Post (http://bit.ly/TI6Bxg ) reports that the incident knocked out power for more than 1,300 customers.
Florida Power & Light says crews were working to restore power.
Information from: The Palm Beach (Fla.) Post, http://www.pbpost.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)