|Published:||Dec 06, 2012 8:20 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 06, 2012 8:20 PM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY, FL - The incident happened back in August 2010. After a day and a half of pre-motion hearings, the trial begam for the teen charged with manslaughter. The teen, who we're not identifying because of his age, is accused of shooting and killing his mom inside their Fiddler's Creek home.
During testimony, we learned the teen and mother were the only two people inside the home at the time. Christopher Rowles, the teen father, said he kept his five guns locked in a cabinet found in his bedroom. But he said he couldn't remember if he had locked the cabinet that day.
The teen's next door neighbor, Thomas MacDonald, said he heard what sounded like a firecracker. Then minutes later, the teen was at his front door and told MacDonald someone came to his house and shot his mom. MacDonald's girlfirend calld 911.
The trial will continue on Friday. It is expected to last 5 days.
- Hostage situation ends in house fire, man found dead inside
- Gateway street still blocked after fire, SWAT situation
- Neighbors fighting for fire station on Livingston Road
- Comedy show to benefit unpaid employees of Wise Guys
- Protecting children on the roads
- Sun Splash Waterpark begins summer hours Friday
- Union Yote Set for some Lee Co. Government Workers