|Published:||Dec 06, 2012 11:08 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 06, 2012 11:11 PM EST|
NAPLES, Fla.-A brand new Publix is now open in Naples Plaza after a major renovation. It's located right off U.S. 41 and Golden Gate Parkway.
The old store was demolished this spring and rebuilt with many new features and a larger focus on organic foods.
Thousands turned out for the stores grand opening on Thursday.
"It's much better than it used to be and they've really gone all out to have a grand opening, giving away free samples and there's lots for sale. It was really quite an experience," Publix customer Whitney Smith said.
Some of the new features include a gelato counter, a salad bar, and cheese shop.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids