|Published:||Dec 06, 2012 11:24 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 06, 2012 11:24 PM EST|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla.- Three Southwest Florida men face charges tonight accused of trying to mail off marijuana in Christmas gifts!
Lee County deputies responded to a warehouse off Lee Street in Lehigh Acres when someone reported hearing gunshots. Deputies searched the warehouse-- and found 70 pounds of pot and empty cardboard boxes... wrapping paper and mailing labels and envelopes.
Deputies say-- Davan Nieves, Ranferi Ramirez-Portillo and Samer Rashid denied knowing anything about the marijuana. They all face charges of trafficking marijuana and working with other people to complete their operation.
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- Naples non-profit uses water therapy to help Veterans cope
- New video shows Hohensee's anger
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel
- Community comes together for Safety Fair & 5k
- Communications satellite launched into space