|Published:||Dec 06, 2012 5:14 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 06, 2012 5:14 PM EST|
BRADENTON, Fla. – FHP has concluded their investigations into the multi-vehicle crashes that happened on October 5th on I-75 at University Parkway. The investigations revealed that there were a total of 21 traffic crashes that occurred involving 53 vehicles. The 21 traffic crashes resulted in 52 injuries with 22 of the injured parties being transported to hospitals for further medical treatment. Of the 22 that were transported, there were two that were flown out via medical helicopter due to the extent of the injuries sustained in the traffic crash.
No fatalities occurred as a result of these 21 traffic crashes.
The road was re-opened the roadway in only six hours.
Although the investigations revealed that inclement weather was a contributing factor in these 21 traffic crashes, it was ultimately determined that driver error was also a contributing cause for the crashes and therefore the FHP issued 18 traffic citations.
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- Naples non-profit uses water therapy to help Veterans cope
- New video shows Hohensee's anger
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel
- Community comes together for Safety Fair & 5k
- Communications satellite launched into space