|Published:||Dec 06, 2012 11:18 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 06, 2012 11:18 AM EST|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - The best place for younger workers to find jobs in Florida is in the Tallahassee-area ZIP code of 32312. The worst place is in the Jacksonville ZIP code of 32209.
The U.S. Census on Thursday released new data on ZIP codes.
The best place for black workers was the Hialeah ZIP code of 33018 where the unemployment rate for African-Americans last year was just 0.4 percent. The worst place was the 34667 ZIP code in Hudson, north of Tampa, although African Americans only make up a tiny half-percent of residents there.
The best place for workers with a college education was the 32205 ZIP code in Jacksonville. The worst was the 34112 ZIP code in Naples, which has a higher share of retirees than the rest of the state.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP releases final report on deadly Alligator Alley Accident
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Lee school board narrows down superintendent search
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- Vandals cause damage at St. Leo's Catholic church
- Fort Myers Florist launches DIY wedding flower sessions
- Company offers extra protection to gun owners
- Florida emergency officials ready to assist OK victims