|Published:||Dec 06, 2012 11:18 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 06, 2012 11:18 AM EST|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - The best place for younger workers to find jobs in Florida is in the Tallahassee-area ZIP code of 32312. The worst place is in the Jacksonville ZIP code of 32209.
The U.S. Census on Thursday released new data on ZIP codes.
The best place for black workers was the Hialeah ZIP code of 33018 where the unemployment rate for African-Americans last year was just 0.4 percent. The worst place was the 34667 ZIP code in Hudson, north of Tampa, although African Americans only make up a tiny half-percent of residents there.
The best place for workers with a college education was the 32205 ZIP code in Jacksonville. The worst was the 34112 ZIP code in Naples, which has a higher share of retirees than the rest of the state.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- WINK News gets Collier call center employees back pay
- Four Lee County Schools will have extended hours in January
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014
- Closing of Fla. power plant will take 60 years
- Real life grinch steals Christmas stockings
- Beach renourishment winds down in Naples