|Published:||Dec 06, 2012 1:41 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 06, 2012 1:41 PM EST|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- The City of Cape Coral has added holiday activities to the December calendar after being forced to cancel the annual Santa Land event, due to scheduling issues with carnival contractors. Santa Land was planned for December 14 - 16 and December 21 - 23 at Sun Splash Festival Grounds.
The City's Special Events staff has added activities to the Holiday Boat-a-Long event at Four Freedoms Park on December 16 from 4 p.m. - 9 p.m. Children's crafts will be offered at a new Elf Village next to Santa, along with musical entertainment until 7 p.m. Photos with Santa will be taken at no charge, and the pictures will be uploaded to the Santa Land web page for parents to download and print. The popular lighted boat parade begins at 7 p.m.
The City also will host a Santa Land Drive-In Movie at Sun Splash Festival Grounds on Sunday, December 23. Dr. Seuss' popular "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" starring Jim Carrey will be the movie feature. The movie will begin at 6:30 p.m. Families can relive the "drive-in" experience - watch the movie from their cars and listen via a special radio frequency. They also can bring chairs and sit outside. Drinks, popcorn and candy items will be available.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Study shows foreclosure numbers down, job growth up in SWFL
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Sun-N-Fun Lagoon opens for Collier schools' winter break