|Published:||Dec 06, 2012 6:11 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 06, 2012 6:11 AM EST|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - The best place for younger workers to find jobs in Florida is in the Tallahassee-area ZIP code of 32312. The worst place is in the Jacksonville ZIP code of 32209.
The U.S. Census on Thursday released new data on ZIP codes and other geographies.
The best place for black workers was the Miami ZIP code of 33018 where the unemployment rate for African-Americans last year was just 0.4 percent. The worst place was the 34667 ZIP code north of Tampa.
The best place for workers with a college education was the 32205 ZIP code in Jacksonville, where there is a 1.3 percent unemployment rate for those with a bachelor's degree. The worst was a ZIP code in Bonita Springs, along the southwest coast.
- Passerby pulls floating 5 year-old from North Naples pond
- Some adult arcades still open after ban
- A young girl is home after a near drowning incident
- Zimmerman jurors reveal personal d
- New home industry really coming back?
- Florida Leads U.S. in Vacated Foreclosure Homes
- Comedy night to benefit unpaid employees of Wise Guys