|Published:||Dec 06, 2012 6:11 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 06, 2012 6:11 AM EST|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - The best place for younger workers to find jobs in Florida is in the Tallahassee-area ZIP code of 32312. The worst place is in the Jacksonville ZIP code of 32209.
The U.S. Census on Thursday released new data on ZIP codes and other geographies.
The best place for black workers was the Miami ZIP code of 33018 where the unemployment rate for African-Americans last year was just 0.4 percent. The worst place was the 34667 ZIP code north of Tampa.
The best place for workers with a college education was the 32205 ZIP code in Jacksonville, where there is a 1.3 percent unemployment rate for those with a bachelor's degree. The worst was a ZIP code in Bonita Springs, along the southwest coast.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- Radel makes Forbes' list of 'biggest career crashes of 2013'
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Desoto County deputy admits to lying about beating