|Published:||Dec 06, 2012 10:40 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 06, 2012 12:40 PM EST|
MARCO ISLAND, Fla.- On Tuesday around 10:45 p.m., the City of Marco Island Fire Rescue Department was dispatched to 32 Gulfport Ct. for a boat fire in a garage with smoke and flames showing. The fire involved the garage and extended into the attic.
Rescue crews also found and treated a burn victim, who was transported to Physicians Regional Hospital and was later transferred to a Miami Burn Unit.
While extinguishing the fire in the garage, the boat fuel tank ruptured sending approximately 30 gallons of fuel down the driveway into the swale causing a hazardous condition to the firefighters, a foam blanket was applied to prevent ignition of the fuel.
The City of Marco Island Fire Rescue Department received assistance at the incident from Isle of Capri Fire Department, East Naples Fire Department and Ochopee Fire Department. Golden Gate Fire Department provided coverage to the City during the fire.
The fire required 24 firefighters to bring under control. The home suffered extensive damage.
The fire is currently under investigation.
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption