|Published:||Dec 05, 2012 10:20 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 05, 2012 10:23 PM EST|
SAN CARLOS PARK, Fla. - San Carlos Park resident Jay Harper wants the vandals who keep deflating his decorations to stay out of his yard. Just in the past week, they've stolen Santa and destroyed two other inflatables.
"I guess they feel like if it's outside it doesn't matter. But it does matter," said Harper.
And while the owners say it's not about the money, just one of these inflatable Christmas decorations can cost more than $100.
The Harper home is not the only family hit by these holiday humbugs.
Neighbor Randi Verbino is in the process of putting up her decorations and has her concerns. She says vandals have destroyed a portion of her elaborate lawn display for the past three years.
"It's really sad. No Christmas spirit. No anything. If they grew up with that being important to them, they wouldn't do that to somebody else," she said.
Both families say they will continue to buy more decorations and wont let the disrespect deflate their holiday spirit.
"It's a matter of principle and I'm not gonna let vandals stop me from letting my kids enjoy the holiday," Harper stated.
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Panther found dead of suspected gunshot wound
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- Man who gave abortion drug to be sentenced