|Published:||Dec 05, 2012 10:20 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 05, 2012 10:23 PM EST|
SAN CARLOS PARK, Fla. - San Carlos Park resident Jay Harper wants the vandals who keep deflating his decorations to stay out of his yard. Just in the past week, they've stolen Santa and destroyed two other inflatables.
"I guess they feel like if it's outside it doesn't matter. But it does matter," said Harper.
And while the owners say it's not about the money, just one of these inflatable Christmas decorations can cost more than $100.
The Harper home is not the only family hit by these holiday humbugs.
Neighbor Randi Verbino is in the process of putting up her decorations and has her concerns. She says vandals have destroyed a portion of her elaborate lawn display for the past three years.
"It's really sad. No Christmas spirit. No anything. If they grew up with that being important to them, they wouldn't do that to somebody else," she said.
Both families say they will continue to buy more decorations and wont let the disrespect deflate their holiday spirit.
"It's a matter of principle and I'm not gonna let vandals stop me from letting my kids enjoy the holiday," Harper stated.
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption