|Published:||Dec 05, 2012 3:46 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 05, 2012 5:22 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- Officers are investigating a shooting on the 2900 block of Jackson St. that happened Wednesday afternoon.
Fort Myers Police detained one male juvenile suspect on Royal Palm Avenue.
Fort Myers Police say the victim, 19-year-old Reuben Aspilaire, suffered a non-life-threatening gunshot wound. He was transported to Lee Memorial Hospital for treatment.
Fort Myers Middle School was briefly on lockdown, but the students have since been released.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Interpreter for deaf at Mandela event called fake
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified