|Published:||Dec 05, 2012 5:58 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 05, 2012 5:24 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Throughout the week, Allen Park Elementary School will be collecting money for the Salvation Army.
For the third year in a row, students and teachers will be ringing the bell at three red kettles around campus during student drop-off.
Parents are encouraged to send their kids to school with some coins or cash to donate.
The school was the first in the Lee County to partner with the Salvation Army in this manner.
Friday is the last day to donate.
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- WINK News gets Collier call center employees back pay
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors
- Four Lee County Schools will have extended hours in January
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014
- Closing of Fla. power plant will take 60 years
- Real life grinch steals Christmas stockings
- Beach renourishment winds down in Naples
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student