|Published:||Dec 05, 2012 5:58 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 05, 2012 5:24 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Throughout the week, Allen Park Elementary School will be collecting money for the Salvation Army.
For the third year in a row, students and teachers will be ringing the bell at three red kettles around campus during student drop-off.
Parents are encouraged to send their kids to school with some coins or cash to donate.
The school was the first in the Lee County to partner with the Salvation Army in this manner.
Friday is the last day to donate.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school
- Fla. school tells students to drop online classes
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- Judge sends N. Fla. man to prison for life
- School board approves new superintendent's contract
- Poll: Rubio gets negative marks on immigration
- Dr. Joseph Burke's Last Day as Superintendent
- Judge reads charge against Zimmerman to jurors