|Published:||Dec 03, 2012 11:19 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 03, 2012 11:19 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.-VR Labs, the local company that received $5 million in taxpayer funds, wants more time to hire people.
The company requested an extra year from Lee County to meet its hiring goals.
The San Carlos company is supposed to bottle health drinks, but it's held up by a dispute with its contractor.
VR Labs is exercising a clause in its contract to extend its hiring by one year, starting at the end of this year.
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Memorial Day weekend travel expected to mirror last year
- Fla. Gov. asked to return money to insurer
- Hurricane center: Beware of the storm surge
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- Fla. man dies after crashing into moving train
- Man found floating in water near Marathon