|Published:||Dec 03, 2012 10:39 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 03, 2012 10:39 AM EST|
ZOLFO SPRINGS, Fla. (AP) - Authorities in Hardee County say students on a school bus that overturned after a crash received only minor injuries.
Eight students were on the bus at the time of the crash Monday morning.
Hardee County Fire Chief Robert Clayton tells WFTS TV (http://bit.ly/11qPt1n ) a gas tanker crashed into the back of the bus, causing it to flip over. Only minor injuries have been reported and several of the students were picked up by another school bus.
Clayton says they were "very lucky the fuel truck wasn't breached".
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids