|Published:||Dec 03, 2012 10:51 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 03, 2012 12:47 PM EST|
MIAMI (AP) - The family of a construction worker who was killed after a parking garage collapsed at Miami Dade College has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the construction company and several contractors.
In the lawsuit filed Monday, Migdalia Lopez said her 53-year-old husband Samuel Perez was driving a cement truck when part of the five-story garage collapsed in early October, trapping him inside the truck's cab for 17 hours. Rescuers had to amputate his leg to remove him. He later died at the hospital. Three other workers were also killed in the collapse.
The family of Robert Budhoo, who also died in the accident and was the last victim pulled from the rubble, has filed a lawsuit. Budhoo's body was trapped in the rubble for several days.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- 'Magic' Johnson to speak at Quality Life Center fundraiser
- Four Lee County Schools will have extended hours in January