|Published:||Dec 03, 2012 10:44 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 03, 2012 10:44 PM EST|
NAPLES, Fla - WINK News has learned Tuscany Villa in East Naples has experienced an outbreak of a serious virus.
Last week, the senior living center reported residents and employees came down with flu like symptoms.
The Collier County health department confirms they are investigating the case and while symptoms point toward the norovirus, they won't know for sure until tests come back.
In a statement to WINK News, management at Tuscany Villa says:
"As with other senior living providers and at least one hospital in the area, we can confirm that we have experienced an outbreak of a virus, beginning in late November, that has caused flulike symptoms for some of our residents and employees. We contacted the Collier County Health Department and the American Health Care Association immediately, and have taken prompt and aggressive measures to address this issue, including the temporary closing of both dining rooms with meal delivery to resident rooms, cancellation of resident group activities as well as deep cleaning and sanitization. Residents have been strongly encouraged to remain in their apartments and we have discouraged residents from entertaining visitors until the issue is resolved. We are working in close cooperation with, and have followed all recommendations from, the Health Department in dealing with this issue. At Tuscany Villa, we care deeply about the comfort and well-being of our residents and look forward to continuing to offer them the high quality services and caring environment that they have come to enjoy so much."
- FMPD arrests robbery suspect linked to 5 robberies
- Store owner's surveillance cameras catch alleged thieves
- Collier home destroyed by fire
- Real estate search begins for Hertz executives
- Settlement reached with Lifestyle Lift
- Candidates for Cape Coral Mayor duke it out in 1st debate
- Couple accused of kidnapping kids appears in court
- Police ID man who drove into Cape Coral canal
- Naples parents protest cell phone tower at elementary school
- Hertz new HQ building plans