|Published:||Dec 03, 2012 11:39 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 03, 2012 11:39 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.-One of the biggest air ambulance operators in America will apply to come to Lee County.
Colorado-based Air Methods supplies medical helicopters to hospitals and communities nationwide.
The company will bid to get the franchise in Lee County in the wake of the grounding of MedSTAR.
Commissioners are supposed to decide this winter which private company will run the medivac business.
- Barricaded man didn't survive in house fire
- Crews battle brush fire near Island Park
- Police say school nurse's blood alcohol level was .275
- Man gets life after selling heroin near Lee Middle School
- Surgeons remove 4-pound hairball from tiger
- Crash blocks Golden Gate Blvd. at 22nd St. SE
- Camouflaged alligators spotted at Wa-Ke Hatchee Park
- Woman talks to WINK News about faking sons' deaths
- Retired Corrections officer arrested after accident
- Pit bulls killed after attacking 3 in central Fla