|Published:||Dec 03, 2012 11:39 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 03, 2012 11:39 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.-One of the biggest air ambulance operators in America will apply to come to Lee County.
Colorado-based Air Methods supplies medical helicopters to hospitals and communities nationwide.
The company will bid to get the franchise in Lee County in the wake of the grounding of MedSTAR.
Commissioners are supposed to decide this winter which private company will run the medivac business.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- WINK News gets Collier call center employees back pay
- Four Lee County Schools will have extended hours in January
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014
- Closing of Fla. power plant will take 60 years