|Published:||Dec 03, 2012 3:01 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 03, 2012 3:01 PM EST|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - Four construction workers have been injured following an accident near the University of Central Florida in Orlando.
The workers got hurt as a concrete floor was being lowered by a crane Monday at the site of an apartment building under construction. The site is across the street from UCF's football stadium, and the apartment building eventually will house UCF students.
Two of the workers were initially trapped but were able to free themselves.
Four workers were hospitalized.
Lt. Paula Thompson of the Seminole County Fire Department says two workers are in serious condition and the other two are in stable condition.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration has been contacted.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- Golisano Children's Hospital holds ceremonial groundbreaking
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- USDA predicts smaller citrus crop in Florida