|Published:||Dec 03, 2012 3:01 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 03, 2012 3:01 PM EST|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - Four construction workers have been injured following an accident near the University of Central Florida in Orlando.
The workers got hurt as a concrete floor was being lowered by a crane Monday at the site of an apartment building under construction. The site is across the street from UCF's football stadium, and the apartment building eventually will house UCF students.
Two of the workers were initially trapped but were able to free themselves.
Four workers were hospitalized.
Lt. Paula Thompson of the Seminole County Fire Department says two workers are in serious condition and the other two are in stable condition.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration has been contacted.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean
- FMB holds election for Town Council members
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community