|Published:||Dec 03, 2012 3:01 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 03, 2012 3:01 PM EST|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - Four construction workers have been injured following an accident near the University of Central Florida in Orlando.
The workers got hurt as a concrete floor was being lowered by a crane Monday at the site of an apartment building under construction. The site is across the street from UCF's football stadium, and the apartment building eventually will house UCF students.
Two of the workers were initially trapped but were able to free themselves.
Four workers were hospitalized.
Lt. Paula Thompson of the Seminole County Fire Department says two workers are in serious condition and the other two are in stable condition.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration has been contacted.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Fire Dept: Barricaded man couldn't have survived fire
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- Southbound I-75 reopens after rollover crash near Colonial
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Crews battle brush fire near Island Park
- Report: mother at fault in fatal Alligator Alley crash
- Fire shuts down Jersey's Sports Cafe
- SWFL soldier surprises kids live on WINK News
- IRS hits Miccosukee tribe with $170M tax bill
- Invalid DL leads to Port Charlotte drug arrest