|Published:||Dec 02, 2012 10:41 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 02, 2012 10:41 AM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- The Florida Highway Patrol says a pig in the road caused a 3 car crash that sent 10 people to the hospital Saturday night.
Troopers say the accident happened on SR-29 north in Collier County, near the Hendry County line.
They say at 9 p.m., a car heading south on SR-29 hit a pig in the middle of the roadway. Two other cars then hit that one, sending a total of 10 people to area hospitals.
A baby was flown to the hospital in Tampa in serious condition. He was not in a safety seat.
Two other people were taken to Lee Memorial with serious injuries.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Indictment accuses SWFL residents of human smuggling
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp Festival returns
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017