|Published:||Dec 02, 2012 5:48 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 02, 2012 5:48 PM EST|
LAKELAND, Fla. (AP) - Ten men have been arrested in a Polk County prostitution sting.
A sheriff's office press release says undercover detectives conducted the sting on Saturday. The investigation was in response to residents complaining about prostitution activity in the Lakeland area.
The men were charged with soliciting prostitution.
Sheriff Grady Judd says "those who commit or who derive proceeds from this crime in Polk County can expect to go to jail." He added that authorities will continue to investigate and arrest anyone involved because of the "negative social costs of prostitution hurt families, children and communities."
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull
- FWC releases rehabilitated panther in Hendry County
- Lehigh Middle student allegedly brings knife to school