|Published:||Dec 02, 2012 5:48 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 02, 2012 5:48 PM EST|
LAKELAND, Fla. (AP) - Ten men have been arrested in a Polk County prostitution sting.
A sheriff's office press release says undercover detectives conducted the sting on Saturday. The investigation was in response to residents complaining about prostitution activity in the Lakeland area.
The men were charged with soliciting prostitution.
Sheriff Grady Judd says "those who commit or who derive proceeds from this crime in Polk County can expect to go to jail." He added that authorities will continue to investigate and arrest anyone involved because of the "negative social costs of prostitution hurt families, children and communities."
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP investigating accident Lehigh Acres
- State Board of Education to get legislative update
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Spada to host salon & spa event for at-risk girls
- Lee school board narrows down supt. search
- Vandals cause damage at St. Leo's Catholic church
- Florida emergency officials ready to assist OK victims
- McGregor Baptist offers way to Help Tornado Victims
- Englewood man arrested on child pornography charges