|Published:||Dec 02, 2012 5:38 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 02, 2012 5:39 PM EST|
ALVA, Fla.- One man died Saturday in a crash at the intersection of Hickey Creek Road and Palm Beach Boulevard in Alva. Lee County deputies say Pedro Ramirez, 27 of LaBelle was pronounced dead at the scene.
Ramirez was behind the wheel of a Dodge Neon going westbound on PalmBeach Boulevard without headlights, according to reports.
Deputies say he rear-ended a Ford F-350 truck turning onto Palm Beach Boulevard from Hickey Creek Road.
According to reports, Ramirez was driving above the speed limit, which forced the car to flip several times after impact.
Alcohol was a possible factor for both drivers and will be investigated further, deputies said.
LCSO identified the driver of the truck as Jack Prichard, 24 or Alva. Prichard and two passengers were not injured in the crash.
The investigation has been turned over to Traffic Homicide Investigators with the Lee County Sheriff's Office Traffic Unit.
- Defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- Vehicles flee the scene after seriously injuring pedestrian
- FWC relocates largest black bear captured in Fla.
- A look at the dangers of riding a motorcycle
- CCSO searches for missing 23 y/o Golden Gate woman
- Man finds drugs in a safe in front of his Pt. Charlotte home
- Investigation determines electrical problems caused bus fire
- Crash with injuries on Veterans at Chiquita blocks traffic