|Published:||Dec 02, 2012 9:23 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 02, 2012 11:19 AM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.-Art of the Olympians hosts the College of Life Premiere Golf Classic December 3-4, featuring several gold medal winners. A variety of Olympic athletes will be in town this week to play golf and raise money for the Art of the Olympians Foundation.
The multi-day fundraiser for Art of the Olympians Foundation Inc., the Fort Myers-based museum and gallery, features more than 50 Olympians, professional golfers, celebrities and athletes.
Olympic gold medalist and former long jump record holder Bob Beamon and former Olympic track coach Russ Rogers joined us in the studio to talk about the event.
After more than a century, golf will return to the Olympics at the 2016 Summer Games in Rio de Janeiro. The AOTO golf tournament will celebrate the journey and historic partnership of the Olympics and golf. With 214 countries, the impact of Olympic golf will be felt all over the world, providing many countries that have never had the opportunity to grow the sport.
Money raised will benefit the nonprofit Art of the Olympians in promoting the highest ideals of humanity with their creative talents through the sport/art relationship by providing programs of art, education, sport and cultural outreach to inspire the world.
Schedule of events:
Monday, December 3: Practice Round all day tee times beginning at 8 a.m.; Celebs will tee off 9:30-11 a.m.
Welcome Reception 6-6:45 p.m.
Dinner/Auction/ Pairing Party 7-10 p.m.
Tuesday, December 4:
Golf Classic shotgun start 9 a.m.
Awards Ceremony/Lunch at approximately 1:30 p.m.
WHERE: The Colony Golf & Country Club, 4101 Pelican Colony Boulevard, Bonita Springs
Visit http://www.artoftheolympians.org/aoto-golf-tournament.html for more information.
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Fla. man charged in boy death eyed in 2nd killing
- Owner tracks stolen boat to Mexico
- Funds cut Fla disability service wait list in half