|Published:||Dec 01, 2012 11:24 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 02, 2012 10:46 AM EST|
One person was killed in a two-vehicle crash at Palm Beach Blvd. and Hickey Creek Rd. in Alva at 9:30 pm on Saturday.
Westbound lanes of Palm Beach Blvd. were closed but are now back open.
Drivers should avoid the area if possible while detectives complete their investigation.
Lee county deputies say the driver of a Ford truck pulled out from Hickory Creek Road and was heading westbound on Palm Beach Blvd. when the driver of a Dodge Neon, without its lights on, rear-ended the truck.
The driver of the Neon died on the scene.
They have not released the person's identity.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- 3 people killed in Florida Panhandle boat crash
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday
- 2nd bear suspected in woman's mauling euthanized
- Sentencing delayed for Tampa abortion drug case