|Published:||Nov 30, 2012 11:08 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 30, 2012 11:08 PM EST|
APOLLO BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say at least one person is missing after a helicopter went down in Tampa Bay.
Rescue crews were searching the waters off Apollo Beach Friday afternoon. A Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office spokesman says one of the early 911 calls indicated a body floating in the water, but no bodies have been recovered.
Federal Aviation Administration officials confirmed the helicopter was a Robinson R22 - a small, two-person craft. It was located by rescuers several hundred yards from shore, but the craft's owner or identification number wasn't immediately released.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school