|Published:||Nov 30, 2012 11:08 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 30, 2012 11:08 PM EST|
APOLLO BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say at least one person is missing after a helicopter went down in Tampa Bay.
Rescue crews were searching the waters off Apollo Beach Friday afternoon. A Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office spokesman says one of the early 911 calls indicated a body floating in the water, but no bodies have been recovered.
Federal Aviation Administration officials confirmed the helicopter was a Robinson R22 - a small, two-person craft. It was located by rescuers several hundred yards from shore, but the craft's owner or identification number wasn't immediately released.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Barricaded man didn't survive in house fire
- Gateway street still blocked after fire, SWAT situation
- Retired Corrections officer arrested after accident
- Body identified in Fort Myers death investigation
- Neighbors fighting for fire station on Livingston Road
- Comedy show to benefit unpaid employees of Wise Guys
- Tiger has 4 pound hairball removed
- Homes near sinkhole condemned
- Stranger Danger in Naples
- Protecting children on the roads