|Published:||Nov 30, 2012 11:24 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 30, 2012 11:33 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- Children from The Salvation Army of Lee, Hendry & Glades Counties revealed their "hopes and dreams" on holiday
greeting cards on Friday. All proceeds benefit The Salvation Army of Lee, Hendry & Glades Counties thanks to Chevrolet
The holiday cards, with the children's heartfelt dreams, were celebrated and unveiled at a "Meet the Young Artist" party at The Salvation Army of Lee, Hendry & Glades Counties and hosted by Victory Layne Chevrolet. Photojournalist, author and creator of "Pictures of Hope", Linda Solomon, congratulated each child at the celebration.
Ms. Solomon taught the children photography skills at The Salvation Army of Lee, Hendry & Glades Counties earlier this fall. Victory Layne Chevrolet surprised each child with a camera. Their assignment as young photojournalists to capture their “hopes and dreams”, are now beautifully featured on holiday greeting cards. Chevrolet has made it possible for 100 percent of the proceeds of the poignant and self-esteem building "Pictures of Hope" cards to benefit The Salvation Army of Lee, Hendry & Glades Counties.
The holiday cards are immediately available for a suggested donation of $20 through Victory Layne Chevrolet and The Salvation Army.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- 'Magic' Johnson to speak at Quality Life Center fundraiser