|Published:||Nov 30, 2012 10:33 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 01, 2012 1:05 AM EST|
EAST NAPLES, Fla - Fire rips through a condo just two weeks after the family moved in.
Just after 3:00 p.m. Friday firefighters were called to 4951 Pepper Circle just off 41 East and Rattlesnake Hammock.
A mother and her son were sleeping in the back bedroom when smoke and flames started shooting out the front window.
Neighbor Betty Stankoff says, "my heart was going 100 miles per hour. Plus, we had a lady in a wheel chair right above the unit so my husband and her husband and another person carried her out and so we got her out and made sure everyone was out of the units."
The fire did not spread to any other units in the building. The mother and her son were both able to get out of the condo, but were treated for smoke inhalation.
Firefighters say the fire started in the front bedroom, but the cause is still under investigation.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before