|Published:||Nov 30, 2012 10:33 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 01, 2012 1:05 AM EST|
EAST NAPLES, Fla - Fire rips through a condo just two weeks after the family moved in.
Just after 3:00 p.m. Friday firefighters were called to 4951 Pepper Circle just off 41 East and Rattlesnake Hammock.
A mother and her son were sleeping in the back bedroom when smoke and flames started shooting out the front window.
Neighbor Betty Stankoff says, "my heart was going 100 miles per hour. Plus, we had a lady in a wheel chair right above the unit so my husband and her husband and another person carried her out and so we got her out and made sure everyone was out of the units."
The fire did not spread to any other units in the building. The mother and her son were both able to get out of the condo, but were treated for smoke inhalation.
Firefighters say the fire started in the front bedroom, but the cause is still under investigation.
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- Naples non-profit uses water therapy to help Veterans cope
- New video shows Hohensee's anger
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel
- Community comes together for Safety Fair & 5k
- Communications satellite launched into space