|Published:||Nov 30, 2012 8:27 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 30, 2012 11:06 AM EST|
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - Police have arrested an 80-year-old St. Petersburg man who is accused of molesting two girls.
Authorities say Robert Frederick Hall was arrested Thursday after testimony from a 24-year-old woman who says he molested her when she was 9. He's also accused of the sexual battery of a 7-year-old girl earlier this year.
The Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/TvrfgA ) reports that the woman was molested over the course of several years. Police say the abuse ended after she turned 9 in 1997.
An arrest report states that Hall touched the second victim multiple times in March and April while he was alone with her watching television.
Records show Hall was convicted of sexual battery in 1980.
He was booked into jail on multiple charges. No attorney was listed on jail records.
Information from: Tampa Bay Times (St. Petersburg, Fla.), http://www.tampabay.com.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- WINK News gets Collier call center employees back pay
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors
- Four Lee County Schools will have extended hours in January
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014
- Closing of Fla. power plant will take 60 years
- Real life grinch steals Christmas stockings
- Beach renourishment winds down in Naples