|Published:||Nov 30, 2012 10:48 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 30, 2012 11:03 AM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - WINK NEWS got a behind the scenes look at the Broadway musical, ELF. The show is on its first national tour. Its playing at the Barbara B. Mann Performing Arts Hall from now through December 2nd.
Based on the beloved 2003 New Line Cinema hit, ELF is the hilarious tale of Buddy, a young orphan child who mistakenly crawls into Santa's bag of gifts and is transported back to the North Pole. Unaware that he is actually human, Buddy's enormous size and poor toy-making abilities cause him to face the truth. With Santa's permission, Buddy embarks on a journey to New York City to find his birth father, discover his true identity, and help New York
remember the true meaning of Christmas
"Its kind of an amped-up, sugar-rushed version of me," said Matt Kopec, who plays "Buddy."
Kopec and the cast gave WINK NEWS a backstage tour. Members of the cast showed us amazing props, parts of the set and beautiful costumes.
"Our show has so much spirit," said Julia Louise Hosack, who plays "Emily." "Its smart and its all about family."
The cast promises it will entertain kids and kids at heart too.
"A lot of the adult jokes go right over the kids' heads, so that's always funny to listen to the response," said Hosack.
Plus, this extraordinary Christmas story delivers a very important message.
"Its pretty much to discover your inner elf," said Kate Hennies, who plays "Jovie." "And to find the Buddy in you."
That's why the cast says ELF is the musical for every, Buddy.
- Fire Dept: Barricaded man couldn't have survived fire
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- Southbound I-75 reopens after rollover crash near Colonial
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Crews battle brush fire near Island Park
- Report: mother at fault in fatal Alligator Alley crash
- Fire shuts down Jersey's Sports Cafe
- IRS hits Miccosukee tribe with $170M tax bill
- SWFL soldier surprises kids live on WINK News
- Invalid DL leads to Port Charlotte drug arrest