|Published:||Nov 30, 2012 5:23 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 30, 2012 6:28 PM EST|
ARCADIA, Fla. - Students and staff at Nocatee Elementary School in Arcadia are mourning the loss of one of the school's leaders.
34-year-old Nakisha Hill was found dead in her home Thursday morning. She was the interim assistant principal at the school.
Arcadia Police believe Nakisha died of natural causes.
"Her smile was the start of everyone's day and her famous line, anything you asked her it was, 'no prob,'" says Principal Karen Denison.
Denison says she and Nakisha were working late Wednesday night preparing for the next day at school.
"Nakisha was never late. Nakisha was here on time everyday usually early and i knew that there was a reason that she wasn't here on time," she adds.
Denison says, they called and texted Nakisha several times and got no response. So school leaders went to Nakisha's home, where they found her body.
"We were all in shock... Nakisha was an outstanding person, she became a part of our family, we considered this school our family," she adds.
Since the news broke, support has been here, counselors were on hand to help students and staff cope with the sudden loss.
"I did hear one of the students say, 'God must've surely needed an angel because she was taken so young,'" says Superintendent, Dr. Karyn Gary.
Principal Denison says students will be writing letters to Nakisha's mom and dad telling the parents what they're daughter meant to them.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Alamo gun range set to open in February in Naples
- Toddler apparently drowned in canal
- Woman charged with DUI, crashing into school bus
- Grace Church's worm farms help students with special needs
- New marina, dry boat storage facility in Cape Coral
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- EXCLUSIVE: Viewers call for change to San Carlos Park road